NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Honest reflection

Sometimes the difficult thing of being a teacher is that you don’t have all the answers, but you feel you are supposed to. Fortunately in IDE we have a different appraoch. But still there is always enough space for self-doubt when you are trying to do things right. I’ve been planned in for more tha 110% and to avoid the brink of burn-out that I was on last year, I am not doing as much of my tasks a would normally do. So in theory it sounds OK, I’ve agreed with my manager that I can’t do everything to my normal quality standards and in that way stay sane at work. But then there is still stuff niggling me, about not deliverign my usual quality. I can really see that in my blog comments. I’ve been writing them one after the other and they are full of typos. (When I get tired I alsways make loads more typos) I can’t spend even more time on giving comments. But then I would comment of students if they have lots of typos in their posts because it is sloppy and looks as if they don’t really care about their blogds. But I am all about walking the talk, practicing what you preach. Sometimes it’s just not that easy. Well anyway, it teaches me empathy with the students and their stress. There is always somethign to learn!

Posted in Community, Faculty
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Meggie's Project Communities Blog
Faculty Blogs
  1. 1, 2, 3.... fuzzycomm.tumblr.com
  2. BlueBlogs blueblocks.tumblr.com
  3. CogDogging It (Alan Levine ProjComm 2013) cogdog.tumblr.com
  4. Janneke Sluijs jannekesluijs.tumblr.com
  5. Laura Stevens Blog project communities buildingpassion.tumblr.com
  6. Meggie's Project Communities Blog openinnovatorhhs.tumblr.com
  7. Nancy's Project Community Reflection nancyprojcomm.tumblr.com
Screening Room

Final Projects

Course Videos

Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more