NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

More confused, more excited!

Once I discovered being confused is not completely a bad thing I’m learning how to deal with it, and pretty excited, I think I am finally feeling the confusiasm!

We haven’t had a skype conference with our NGO, which is pretty bad, but forced our group to find another way to work, to find as many solutions as possible (and by solutions I mean problems) in all the topics. I’m not sure if we are jumping steps but I think we had really great ideas, and they are boiling in my mind constantly.

Not to lose the track completely, today we did the spidegram, that gave us a really good idea on where we are in our group work and what do we want to achieve.

Dealing with tiny houses and spidergrams I couldn’t help but remember a drawing I made when i was reading one of my favorite (amazing) books, the invisible cities, from Italo Calvino. I guess once I post the picture you will understand why, so there it is:

Now I will tell how Octavia, the spider-web city, is made. There is a precipice between two steep mountains: the city is over the void, bound to the two crests with ropes and chains and catwalks. You walk on the little wooden ties, careful not to set your foot in the open spaces, or you cling to the hempen strands. Below there is nothing for hundreds and hundreds of feet: a few clouds glide past; farther down you can glimpse the chasm’s bed.

This is the foundation of the city: a net which serves as passage and as support. All the rest, instead of rising up, is hung below: rope ladders, hammocks, houses made like sacks, clothes hangers, terraces like gondolas, skins of water, gas jets, spits, baskets on strings, dumb-waiters, showers, trapezes and rings for children’s games, cable cars, chandeliers, pots with trailing plants.

Suspended over the abyss, the life of Octavia’s inhabitants is less uncertain than in other cities. They know the net will last only so long.

—Italo Calvino, Invisible Cities

Posted in Community, Group 2, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Luiza Braga ide
Group 2 Blogs
  1. ali bertolo's thoughts!
  2. C.B.Art
  3. Charlotte's Commproj14
  4. Dárien Stephanie Biavati
  5. Luiza Braga ide
  6. Noran ProjCom.'14
  7. Projectcommunities2014group2
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more