NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Week 4: Getting more Specific

Hello again.

This week we worked quite a lot with different platforms. What we did is we chose several on-line platforms that seemed like they could be useful to us and our NGO partner. We decided on criteria we wanted to focus on, to see which website would result the most promising after being rated. The websites we looked at were Innocentive, Collaborating Minds, Enviu and Farmhack. After rating all of them we drew a spidergram showing us how similar or different the websites are to each other. 

After these weeks working on project community I realized that I had to become active again on my social networks due to several reasons. One just being to keep in contact with my group. I hadn’t been using my Facebook for quite some while now because I had the feeling I just wasted time on there. Which was actually true. So I stopped using my Facebook. However now i realized that i do have to use it because i makes contact with other people so much easier. I’m not just talking about Facebook but in my case it would be just Facebook. I was never the person who would post something for everybody to see because maybe I was too lazy to actually find something to post or just annoyed with the many stupid posts you read nowadays. 

Now Facebook isn’t the only platform i am now active with. The most obvious one right now is this one! Tumblr. Otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this ;). The last platform is Basecamp, but i don’t really see it that way. I see it as a handy tool where you can share information like Dropbox, but with more functions like a calender where you can create events. I think this is very useful. 

That would be all. See ya!

Posted in Community, Group 5, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Sebastian's first ProjCom
Group 5 Blogs
  1. It's fab to be 5 superrtomas.tumblr.com
  2. Larissa's ProjComm14 larissa-ide2014.tumblr.com
  3. Nguyen Ho's ProjectCommunity2014 nguyentxho.tumblr.com
  4. Ronja's Project Community IDE Reflection projectcommunityide.tumblr.com
  5. Sebastian's first ProjCom myprojectcommunities2014.tumblr.com
  6. Unbetitelt powerpeterproject.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more