NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

The wave

So, one more week and moving faster! Since we defined our objective it’s been pretty great for me. I’m doing what i like and getting results!

We did the first model of the teeny tiny house that i was so excited about! We still have a lot to work on the model but it is already pretty cute :)

The teeny tiny house was supposed to be a gift, for any contribution to the community, once they are not asking for money for a “social cause”, they would have to give back something to the donator to attract more contributions, and actually to thank them!

Crowdfunding is so awesome because is a wave. You just need the drop, and if this drop represents a good idea, if you did your work well, it will spread and reach places you never imagined. Its a awesome advertisement tool too!

I’ve always been in love with graffiti, and back in Brasil I have a big project going on. In the center of Belo Horizonte there is a building very famous in town, because he is very old. The city is 115 years old and the building is turning 70 this year. As a gift for it’s birthday I decided I wanted to do something for the building, for the city, and I couldn’t believe the sidewalls. They are huge! Almost no windows and and is visible in a huge avenue. But its all gray.

So i talked to some friends of mine, that do graffiti, some of them have works in famous magazines all around the world, and we decided to paint that wall.

I talked to the owner of the building and he allowed! I was so happy! But how could i make this happen? We decided for crowdfunding! Is a lot of work but the same amount of benefits! If people belive your idea you can make it tangible, you can make it happen! The crowdfunding campaign is already a huge advertisement, even for the artists work. The campaign can be pretty fun too! with lots of parties and you can meet a lot of new people that is also interested in the same topics!

But you gotta be ready to WORK. Some may see this as a con in crowdunding. For me, nah.

Meet Ed Dantés, my lovely and future pannel building (as soon as I’m back in Brasil) :)

In the end, I can’t really see bad sides in crowdfunding. Getting to know people that have the same beliefs and interest as you seems to me a pretty awesome task, as heavy as it is!

I just hope we can help our NGO to have a awesome experience in hers!

Posted in Community, Group 2, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Luiza Braga ide
Group 2 Blogs
  1. ali bertolo's thoughts!
  2. C.B.Art
  3. Charlotte's Commproj14
  4. Dárien Stephanie Biavati
  5. Luiza Braga ide
  6. Noran ProjCom.'14
  7. Projectcommunities2014group2
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more