NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Use of technology

When it comes to technology i am usually negative about it because i am not the biggest fan of computers or smartphones. Why? This picture illustrates my opinion perfectly (i didn’t draw it).

Don’t you think the same?

Buuut when it comes to use of technology during the studies i am up for it. That’s where i will focus in this blog, on the online tools in order to improve my work and group work in school.

All my life i was using Skype in order to call somebody online or send files and Facebook to chat. These two I guess are the most simple ways to communicate but now i understand that they are not the most effective. 

After I started to work with my group I had to start using the same online tools in order to interact with my group members. I did not have any preferences while choosing a tool so team decided to use Slack in order to chat, send files, make appointments. In my opinion it is way better than Facebook when it comes to school assignments. For instance, when I use Slack for chatting instead of Facebook I can fully concentrate on my conversation and don’t get distracted by other notifications or messages (what is likely to happen on Facebook).

Also, I started to use Google + (Google Hangout) instead of Skype. But i started to do it earlier, because Google Hangout allowed more participants to hangout while using cameras while Skype was asking for a fee. (From now on Skype made it free also. I guess it was the consequences of free Google Hangout, what do u think guys?

C U <3

Tagged with:
Posted in Community, Group 6, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: D o m a n t t t e
Group 6 Blogs
  1. Bez tytułu raffkski.tumblr.com
  2. D o m a n t t t e domanttte.tumblr.com
  3. For Informations jennifervioni.tumblr.com
  4. Life According to Me evakfreire.tumblr.com
  5. maggie's projcomm reflection maggiektk.tumblr.com
  6. Maria Koene mariakoene.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more