NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Closer

As I already said in one of my posts, despite I’m not the hugest fan of online networks, they play a very important role in my life. Living far away from my family and friends, made a constant user of those tools.

But social networks can have countless other utilities, and may have a lot of value for design if you know how to use them.

They create a very easy interaction and exchange of knowledge and ideas, not only in between people from the same “background”, but from many different cultures.Sharing ideas is a source of inspiration. Design is more and more, working in diverse fields.

Using social networks to get in contact to our NGO and Nancy made our work so much better, giving it focus and content, and getting a immediate  feedback.

Not only we use social networks to do our job, but we are creating one. A social platform, where enthusiast for tiny houses can share experiences, images, news and interact with each other. I think this will be very important tool for them, not only in the social “field” but also as a marketing tool.

Once the website is working they will be able to know more about their visitors, what they want to know, and even plan a better croudfunding campaign once they know their target better.

We can’t deny the importance of social media nowadays, be we also can’t think they will solve every single problem we have, that we will find all the information we need. Designers need to venture themselves, go “on field”, observe who he is projecting too. Most people don’t know what they want, don’t know they have a hidden need, and won’t speak about it. 

You have to observe, observe, observe. So don’t despise a good face to face contact and research. People are rich, and you can find the answer to your questions in them, not only by asking, cause like Henry Ford said:

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

Posted in Community, Group 2, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Luiza Braga ide
Group 2 Blogs
  1. ali bertolo's thoughts! theflyingdots.tumblr.com
  2. C.B.Art mycharlottebrgworld.tumblr.com
  3. Charlotte's Commproj14 charlottecommpro14.tumblr.com
  4. Dárien Stephanie Biavati darienbiavati.tumblr.com
  5. Luiza Braga ide luizabragaide.tumblr.com
  6. Noran ProjCom.'14 norandin.tumblr.com
  7. Projectcommunities2014group2 kilianberkmueller.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more