NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Online Innovation

In the past few years the role of online communities has completely changed. Not only its implication in our daily life has considerably increased, it also became one the best type of platform to promote anything from a cause to a new product. 

Indeed, social networks allow anyone a fairly easy access to interaction with basically the rest of the world. That only makes online communities a nearly perfect platform for innovative design because they allow designers to put there product out there, for the world to see. For instance, nowadays Facebook and Twitter are a better option than creating a website for starter designers. Furthermore, online communities offer more than visibility and promotion to innovative design, they can also be the source of funding for ones project, as we saw last week with crowdfunding and crowdsourcing. “KIva Zip” and “Kickstarter” are two great examples for the concept of crowdfunding, they both allow people to create funding for the entrepreneurs they support. 

Lastly, let’s not forget that the whole project we are all working on for weeks already is based on online communities. Indeed, Facebook, Skype, or even Google hangouts, allow us to keep in contact with our NGOs (which are based all the way in the United states for some of us) and share ideas and solutions with them.

Posted in Community, Group 1, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Projcomm group1
Group 1 Blogs
  1. A road to the plain gebarbero.tumblr.com
  2. Leticia Fernandez - Project Communities 2014 ileticiaproject.tumblr.com
  3. Open Innovator davidatki.tumblr.com
  4. Projcomm group1 femiaboh.tumblr.com
  5. ProjComm2014 G1 Alex avbaum1994.tumblr.com
  6. Project Community raissa-commproj14.tumblr.com
  7. Untitled alianvarian.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more