NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

On the home straight …

So, we are nearly at the end of the course. Looking back I’m surprised about how much we have actually done within the past eight weeks - it didn’t feel like a lot!

Although we have discussed various interesting topics throughout the course I think Crowdsourcing and -funding are the most important ones for our NGO. We defined their problem to be not having enough volunteers and donors to guarantee a prosperous future for the organization. This is exactly where crowdfunding and -sourcing comes in. Through these techniques one is able to reach out to new people and actually get them involved by asking their advice. I was surprised how generous people are with their time and ideas! So this supports the improvement of two issues simultaniously: spreading the word about the organization, because at the moment the biggest problem is that simply not enough people know about PAGE, and picking up new ideas that can help when one is stuck with a specific problem.

Of course for this to work there are some criteria that need to be fulfilled. Most important is the presentation of the organization online. This as well is one problem we figured PAGE could use some help with. Truth is, the first impression counts. If your first impression on someone isn’t pleasant, it requires a lot of time and hard work to change his mind about you. That is why PAGE needs to improve their website and general visual appearance on the internet. Once this is done and the ‘new look’ is appealing to people, crowdsourcing and -funding will be great opportunities to gain more volunteers, donors or in general supporters.

Another thing I think would be really important for PAGE to do is to partner with other (larger) organizations that share the same values or similar goals. We found the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (www.wagggs.org) as one example of a possible future partner.

All in all there is a lot to do, but I am optimistic that some little changes will make a big difference in the future. As for me, I learned a lot during this course, especially to keep an open mind when it comes to technology and online networking. It actually is useful in various situations and I will try to make use of it more in the future.

I’ll leave you on that note and I wish all the groups good luck with their presentations and recommendations!

Cheers, Allie

Posted in Community, Group 7, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Allie vs Alex
Group 7 Blogs
  1. Allie vs Alex iamcalledallie.tumblr.com
  2. Emilie's Light Bulb Moments ! emilieslightbulbmoments.tumblr.com
  3. Kalvis Riptide Design kalvisriptidedesign.tumblr.com
  4. Laura Lezeu (Project Community 2014) lauralezeu.tumblr.com
  5. SilverBlogging silverblogging.tumblr.com
  6. Xander's Project communities xandersblog.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more