NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

C’est fini!

So we finally came to the end. What a journey..

It’s crazy to see how in the beggining we were completely confused about what to do, how we could help our NGO, and now we are so focused in our solutions. At this time the most difficult part is to show it in a clear and interesting way to our tutors, NGO and classmates in 5 minutes. Within this group there are people who know exactly what PAGE is and others who have just an idea, and all in common don’t know about our solutions.

Since my group has Roxi (amazing drawing skills haha) we decided to do a drawing filming video, using a whiteboard. Yes, big dreams, but I’m sure that we can make it. If not, there is always a backup plan! We plan to do something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMadAArTucs

So, Melvin and Elle are our techonlogy experts and will work on the editing part of the video, but for now they are helping on structuring the script and seeing how we can come up and film the drawings. At the same time I’ve been working with Ava and Elle in the script, where we in the end will have the text that our American Accent girl will make the voiceover.

While making the script we realized that is really hard to put in words what we have been doing, who is PAGE and what are our solutions in a catchy, interesting… not boring way. Choosing the right words, using retorical questions and metaphorical drawings will be our way to do it.

In this part of the work, something really important was sharing what we have been writing with the “other group” working on the script was very useful, because sometimes they where imagining things that we didn’t write, and to make the video consistent this talk is very necessary.

At the end of these 8 weeks, I can say that besides the subjects we learnt which week, such as crowdsourcing, crowdfunding and marketing, what I’ve learned the most was group work, which I believe is very useful not only in the educational environment but in many other aspects of life.

One thing is: speak out is a very important thing..when you don’t understand something, when you don’t agree with it, when you have another (good or bad) idea. My group is very good at it. We always stop to hear what our teammates have to say, and this is something that don’t always happen with every group.

The other part comes all together: sometimes you have to be that annoying person interrupting when the group is out of focus, remembering the others about deadlines, and to stick the feet in the ground. Because sometimes we come up with amazing ideas, but they’re are not suitable for a certain need or time… Productivity is something that is very easy to escape when you are with friends haha

Have a to do list and stick with it, even if it is late and there is only you and your group at the university. All in all, time is precious!

Hopefully, we will put all these things that we learned in practice and make the best video we can, getting our audience attention by its visuals but also with our ideas, helping PAGE the way we can and worked hard on!

See you!

Posted in Community, Group 8, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Maíra's Project Community blog
Group 8 Blogs
  1. Blogging for Good (Journey of project communities) avacadomoore.tumblr.com
  2. E L L E mestellaslee.tumblr.com
  3. Laura Maron IDE maron-laura.tumblr.com
  4. Made in RO(xi) icrra.tumblr.com
  5. Maíra's Project Community blog intomairasworld.tumblr.com
  6. Pure Awesomeness in Dannyland dannys-design-world.tumblr.com
  7. THE PEOPLE AROUND US melvinputra.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more