NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

HI all,

This is the final blog I am writing for this course. But before I write the rest of this blog I want to take this opportunity to thank my group for the fun and experience we’ve shared! I had a good time and learned much from our meetings and discussions!

During this course we followed classes once a week, we have been discussing about different tools organizations or people can use to expand their companies/ organizations reach in this world. These tools are; work teams, marketing, crowdsourcing and crowdfunding.

Our NGO is CNCPTMKR and is founded by Maarten van Leeuwen. The trouble with one-man companies is that founders get stuck due to the lack of input. Therefore I think Crowdsourcing is a great way to enhance idea generation. I think crowdsourcing can be as easy as joining networks that have similar interest, and scanning them for useful ideas. To joining sites such as innocentive where it is possible to ask really targeted questions, with much fewer, but often much more thought trough ideas.

We started out this community project really well I guess. We were working really fast, had a few meetings with Maarten and Nancy. But then after a couple of weeks, it became harder and harder to get in contact with him. This is of course something that might happen due to other priorities. Therefore our project nearly came to a halt and we were forced to switch priorities because we came to a time limitation. I think, if the amount of communication hadn’t reduced over time, we would have been able to come up with much more useful advice.

Another thing we found out that in order to start a network, you need a good brand. Since most people are not wandering around aimlessly on the web in search for networks to join. Instead they join networks often made by people/brands they know and the quality of the network often decides whether they stay, or not. In order for CNCPTMKR to realize his ideas, he has increase the brands’ strength.

We are advising CNCPTMKR to join existing networks such as the sustainable agriculture network (SAN), because I think such networks can greatly enhance CNCPTMKRs brand on global scale. Because for CNCPTMKR it’s just not feasible to start his own network when so little experts and people know your brand.

That’s it folks! Tomorrow we are going to shoot our advice movie and finalize this course! Thanks for reading!

Tomas

Tagged with:
Posted in Community, Group 5, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: It's fab to be 5
Group 5 Blogs
  1. It's fab to be 5 superrtomas.tumblr.com
  2. Larissa's ProjComm14 larissa-ide2014.tumblr.com
  3. Nguyen Ho's ProjectCommunity2014 nguyentxho.tumblr.com
  4. Ronja's Project Community IDE Reflection projectcommunityide.tumblr.com
  5. Sebastian's first ProjCom myprojectcommunities2014.tumblr.com
  6. Unbetitelt powerpeterproject.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2940 of Community Posts

Read more