NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Who wants to crowdfund me?

Nowadays it seems easy: SiGN UP, LIST YOUR FUND NEEDS and

YOU JUST STARTED YOUR BUSINESS!

I would like to share Chance Barnett’s (Contributor at Forbes magazine) definition of crowd funding which says that “Crowdfunding, at its essence, is exactly that — connecting “crowds” directly to those who need funds.” I found this definition very accurate, it just back up the saying “simple is genius” again..

From my point of view… i call crowdfunding awesome when it comes to real art and design.. For designers it can be difficult to start their own business because crazy and unusual ideas can be misjudged. That’s the main reason why crowd funding is perfect opportunity for designers. Designers who use crowd funding can not only have direct access to information and business opportunities but also opportunities to innovate and think and create ‘out of the box’. Also, searching for different investors and managing them is time consuming, while crowd funding gives an opportunity for starters to raise money in one investment. On the other hand, the advantage that crazy and unusual ideas can get funded more easily makes it disadvantage, because then stupid ideas can get funded also (sorry for aggression)…

So…. guys, maybe let’s sign up on Kickstarter? Or you know some better companies for that?

Posted in Community, Group 6, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: D o m a n t t t e
Group 6 Blogs
  1. Bez tytułu raffkski.tumblr.com
  2. D o m a n t t t e domanttte.tumblr.com
  3. For Informations jennifervioni.tumblr.com
  4. Life According to Me evakfreire.tumblr.com
  5. maggie's projcomm reflection maggiektk.tumblr.com
  6. Maria Koene mariakoene.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more