NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Visualize your research

This is not the first time I had to make a video for a grade, but I’m still not used to it. I rather write a 50 pages report than present my results in a presentation. I find it very hard to tell someone something that I’ve been working on for months in just a few words. There is so much to tell! The hardest part about making a short movie is to be convincing. No matter how much result you have or no matter how much proof you have, if you don’t sound convincing they won’t take your idea. That is the hard world of art and innovative industries. Some people have the gift to make something small so interesting. I’ve always looked up to people like that. I’m not a great talker, but I’m trying to improve.

During the last few week we were struggling, because we didn’t get enough information from our NGO. Cnptmkr was too busy to spend time with us. It seemed really unfair. The teams with the tiny houses had such great results when I asked them, but we were stuck with our own challenge. We had to come up with an solution which could be applied to diverse clients, because our NGO didnt explain what kind of clients he had. There were many solutions, so it wasn’t easy to put it in a small movie of 5 minutes.

It was hard to make a professional looking video. I never thought of using a PowerPoint presentation or prezi in for these kind of purposes. It really looks professional and the text and images makes the problem and solution much clearer, rather then just talk. It also makes you think how to visualise the problem. It isn’t only clearer for your client. It is also so much clearer for yourself if you try to visualise your problems. That is why I always try to draw my thoughts on paper if I got to make a plan for something.

The fulfillment of finishing your project is really great. We have results I’m happy with and I really hope our NGO is also satisfied with our solution. It was a great experience to see how a project would look like in the future as a designer, although we were missing a lot of communication with our client.

Posted in Community, Group 4, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: - Eline -
Group 4 Blogs
  1. - Eline - elinedekker.tumblr.com
  2. Aline's ProjComm reviews a-lmorais.tumblr.com
  3. Camila de Carvalho Mello camilamello-ide.tumblr.com
  4. Dan Alexandru Blog alexandru-dan.tumblr.com
  5. Kareem's blog kareemsblog.tumblr.com
  6. Kiki's creative world kiki2deurvorst.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more