NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Last week routine: making video & drinking coffee

Hi guys!

Last week for Project Community, which means last post here. After a 7 days break, we are getting back to work on our challenge… and this time we have a lot to do!!

Yesterday I felt so proud about our group! We spent the whole day together making the video for the final presentation and I saw that everyone was really involved in the process. We decided to split the group into pairs so we could work in a faster and more efficient way. I worked with Kareem on the narratives for the video, Camila and Eline were responsible for some of the contents and Kiki and Alex were making the video itself.

We are using Prezi (http://prezi.com) to make our presentation because we have all agreed that it suits our purpose better than other alternatives. I personally don’t have any experience in making videos, not even on Prezi, but it’s good to know that some of the group members have, so we can count on them for this task. But even though I have some experience with narratives, during the process it became so difficult to come up with the text and express ourselves in the right way! Kareem and I worked hard trying to find the right terms to communicate better in the video, because it’s really important to get the message clearly. But there were some times that we got stuck with the idea in mind without being able to translate it into words.

So it’s time to have a break…

It took hours and we were all very tired at the end, but when I got home I felt pleased with our improvement! We still have things to do, so that’s why we’re having another meeting tomorrow, but I think it’s going to be really rewarding again. If we just keep up the work like yesterday, we’ll be able to finish everything and have good results.

Source: http://ridiculouslyefficient.com/the-bond-between-work-and-coffee-infographic/

So far, everything is a little bit new for me on this course: blogging and making videos are really different from the way I used to work. It’s difficult to adapt but, at the same time, it’s interesting to experience new ways of learning. The blog, for instance, helps you to practice the way you express your ideas and also allows you to get feedback on it. Making videos, in turn, is an extra feature that you learn and that can always be useful for future projects and assignments. Even though both of them are really useful, I have to confess that I’m still a ‘traditional report’ kind of person. I rather write the development and conclusions without taking it too personally, like the blog does. I feel much more comfortable working this way, maybe because - as I said before - I’m used to work like this and it always worked out pretty well.

Anyway, I see a good development of my blog and also a big improvement on our team work! This whole experience has been really rewarding and I know we can deliver some good insights with our video!

Thank you for reading :)

Posted in Community, Group 4, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Aline's ProjComm reviews
Group 4 Blogs
  1. - Eline - elinedekker.tumblr.com
  2. Aline's ProjComm reviews a-lmorais.tumblr.com
  3. Camila de Carvalho Mello camilamello-ide.tumblr.com
  4. Dan Alexandru Blog alexandru-dan.tumblr.com
  5. Kareem's blog kareemsblog.tumblr.com
  6. Kiki's creative world kiki2deurvorst.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2940 of Community Posts

Read more