NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Last week and what really should matter for our NGO

The last week of this project has come and time went by more than the word quickly could ever describe.  The topics we have learnt over the last few weeks have been divers but I’d like to point out one of them.

CROWDSOURCING.

Why? Ok let’s start at the beginning. The unmet need of our NGO is basically that they would like to make more money to work with than they have done so far. But what does that mean simply asking people to give them more money. Nope that won’t work or at least it wouldn’t be so sustainable.

The biggest issue of our NGO is the lack of man power  they have no one to take really care of essential things as the online appearance or such things as promotion and advertisement.  

Advantages of crowdsourcing?

1. Possibilities to outsource essential work
  2. Extending your network of people outside the exciting structures
  3. Increasing awareness level

In my opinion it will be essential for them to sort out there basic structures so far. The five board members which are pretty much the NGO have to either take their roles serious or they should use such described resources the outsource these tasks. Another positive effect would be that the chance is pretty high that these people would automatically start talking about their new roles which not only mean that they start to identify with the project they might also promote and advertise it for you. On top of this, new people always create new ideas or at least bring some fresh air into such projects. It seems to me that the work which is happening around the NGO is pretty lethargic and events to raise money are quite repetitive. It doesn’t really appeal to people if you keep on doing the same.

Overall, building up structures without crowdsourcing seems to be impossible for our NGO right now. The amount of work which needs to be done to reactivate the project is too much for five maybe even less people.

Posted in Community, Group 11, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Open thoughts - Michael
Group 11 Blogs
  1. Check This Out suncloudbel.tumblr.com
  2. Karolina's thoughts on Project Community 2014. kerylson.tumblr.com
  3. Open thoughts - Michael theycalledhimmichael.tumblr.com
  4. Project Communities - Jonatan S jonatansepp.tumblr.com
  5. Project communities 2014 clarissa-schmitt.tumblr.com
  6. Young Professional?! oyesunbel.tumblr.com
Screening Room

Final Projects

Course Videos

Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more