NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

The Last Breath of Excitement

As people tend to say, time passes fast when you’re having fun. I wholeheartedly agree with this saying, although might I also add that time passes even faster when you’re in distress in getting all the assignments completed before the deadline! Just like this rollercoaster ride we have all been on, my experience is this; it felt like this ride took a split second to reach the end. One lesson I have learnt is not to underestimate the great experiences even the smallest amount of time can bring us.

A successful and enjoyable roller coaster ride is not just about how many loops or drops there are; it’s about the order of the ride, where the highs and lows are, and how they all flow together as one whole ride. This ensures the building up of excitement, the time it gives you to take in that last drop take a breath to soak in all the adrenaline, while the last and final obstacle before the end of the ride is to give you the last bit of excitement before you have to take in all the dizziness and stumble down the stairs.

This is process is just like how this project went. Although it seems as though time went by so fast, we started off by being slowly mounted onto the first drop, followed with more loops and obstacles to go through. Each obstacle represents the themes of each week. It felt like these themes were being thrown at us time after time, and barely did we feel like we had time to stop and take that breath. Of course, there are obstacles in the ride that tend to not give you that rush that you desire but yet you are forced to sit through it and make the best of it; in my case this would be the weeks in which the topics were of less ability to be of help to our NGO.  This doesn’t mean there was nothing to gain out of that week. Instead, it just challenged us to try think of that specific theme, in our case this would be crowdfunding and crowdsourcing, and see how we could look at it from a different perspective and change the context a bit for it to apply to our NGO. All in all, the order in which these themes were covered each helped us understand the following theme even better. Most importantly for our team, the most important one to us was our final theme of marketing. This enabled us to cleverly use of the things we learned from online communities in the past weeks to aid us in brainstorming marketing ideas for Carl-Peter.

Now we have finally reached the last part of this roller coaster ride. We have soaked in all the information, and have come up with some results. This is the time where we get off of this ride, stumble dizzily down the stairs towards the last destination of this ride: the picture booth. Now, the picture any ride will take captures the whole ride into a picture. Our final destination would be where everything we have learnt, captured into that one video. Although we are currently stressed about the creation of the video, where peoples minds are shaky from all the stress,  this is the time when asa team we would have to help and motivate each other. This is the time where I come back to my first blog and to show the team player I thrive to be; commitment to my team, to show team support, empathy to understand and motivate each one in their own unique ways, and lastly flexible, to helping each other out and having their backs when you expect it least and when they need it most.

I enjoyed this ride, and I hope you did too.

Coney Island 'souvenir" print: EXIT

source 

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Community, Group BAM, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: It's my bubble
Group BAM Blogs
  1. Christian's Innovation christian-yomed-perwira.tumblr.com
  2. Design Online by Stefan de oude. stefandeoude.tumblr.com
  3. It's my bubble chius-bubble.tumblr.com
  4. Maartje.. mrcortvriend.tumblr.com
  5. Project Adventures by E.Chrobacsinszky chrobi-e.tumblr.com
  6. Something's in Claire clairo111cho.tumblr.com
  7. Untitled blog-lina-things.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more