NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Last Post already!?

I can’t believe this is already the last post of the course. If I’m being honest I wouldn’t want to repeat this experience. Wait! Let me explain: I really did enjoy the course because I had a really good group with nice people but the part of writing a report really wasn’t cool. One of the things I think were organized badly was that we had the class on Wednesday and the deadline of the blog post was on Thursday night, leaving us with less than a day to come up with a reflection on what we did in class. This experience was difficult for me for various reasons: Firstly, I have never been a good writer (even worse in English which is not my mother tongue) and secondly because, as I already explained in previous posts, I don’t like to write things on the Internet; I like to keep things private.

Well, let’s talk about the main point of this post: the movie. Personally, I was released when I knew that people in my group already have experience with creating animated movies because I am not familiar with any program that could help us. So, for the video we first met in class to discuss what type of movie we wanted to do. We decided to use animated pictures because we thought it would be the best way to present our ideas. That part was easy but to decide what to put in the video and in what order turned out to be more difficult. In fact, we didn’t make a real storyboard until we were asked to do so, but we had a plan throughout the process. So just after that we started to think about how we were going to illustrate our concepts and solutions that we came up with along the way through images. We came to the conclusion that we had too many things to put in the video and not enough time, so we decided to also write a report to explain all the ideas we wouldn’t include in the video.

Before finishing class we divided tasks, so everyone would do their part according to their personal strengths: Emily and Laura are in charge of making the video while Silver, Allie and I are working on the report. My part was the one regarding our recommendations for volunteering. So at the moment we are all looking to finalise our work before the deadline. 

I’m so excited to see the final result of all the work we have done. It as been a great experience the one of helping to make the video (even if I did not really help in the creating part) because we started the module knowing that we had to do a video at the end and we manage to not think about the video but about the content, and this is why, I think, we had to do also a report because we where working on solution and not on our final task. I have learned a lot from my colleges such as how to organise thinks better or just ways of working that could be useful to me in a future.

So as a last think, I want to thanks all my team for all the good job done and I’m looking forward to work again with them ( if they want to work again with me ;) ) 

Well that was my last post I hope you enjoy riding it!

Posted in Community, Group 7, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Xander's Project communities
Group 7 Blogs
  1. Allie vs Alex iamcalledallie.tumblr.com
  2. Emilie's Light Bulb Moments ! emilieslightbulbmoments.tumblr.com
  3. Kalvis Riptide Design kalvisriptidedesign.tumblr.com
  4. Laura Lezeu (Project Community 2014) lauralezeu.tumblr.com
  5. SilverBlogging silverblogging.tumblr.com
  6. Xander's Project communities xandersblog.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more