NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

I LOVE it and I HATE it > movie making

If only someone could film us … :D (during the process) I bet it will be a weird combination of an action movie and a comedy - crazy storyboarding, brainstorming, sudden insights, slidding chairs, lots of laugh, sometimes some food while the wifi is failing us, notes everywhere and, of course, we always get back to my “holy” notebook where everything is kept.
Movie making turned out to be frustrating and fun at the same time.
In the beginning of this week we were all pretty concerned that we had to catch up. We really got ourselves together and we have been sort of “living” in the university for the last two days … but it is worth it. Our task management and our speed got us almost to the final steps. :) 

We chose a very simple and clear option for our presentation/video - Prezi. It is not the best program, but in our case we had to go for a presentation because we can not put our local ideas in their real environment.. simply because we can not go to USA (except for Paul who already did :D).
We had a good preparation before the actual work on the Prezi. We all had developed a storyboard so we just chose the fullest one and added some little things from the rest. We were also keeping an eye on the grading form in order to know if we were going in the right direction. We put in it our group signiture - the Compass, and you can feel as well sometimes the archetype of the “Explorer” which we defined as PAGE’s way of working. 

We started to put all the content and it is just flowing. So far we got some positive feedback from our coach and from some fellow students. We also got some tips to conciderate. The presentation itself is almost done. Now we have to be very careful with making the voice over because it can be quite tricky sometimes. 

I’m glad that all of us have a clean style and there is no argument regarding that. A thing that I think we have to keep track on is the speed and rhythm in the presentation so that we don’t lose the attention of the audience. I got this advice from Marjanne Cuypers (our Personal Branding tutor) and it can be very useful, especially, since we are making a presentation as a base for the video.

From all of our adeas we focussed on 3 which are the most important for the current situation. We also want to show some possibilities for the future when PAGE is going to have a stable social presence. 
I trully believe that PAGE can make a change in this county if it has a bigger impact on the local level. The county is in a really bad situation for a long time already and all the people there need to be given the opportunity to see a brighter future or at least to help their children see it.

Posted in Community, Group 9, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: My staircase to MILLENNIUM
Group 9 Blogs
  1. A glimpse into Isabella's mind saiprojcomm.tumblr.com
  2. Corner of my minds mantawall.tumblr.com
  3. http://projcomm.tumblr.com/ projcomm.tumblr.com
  4. My staircase to MILLENNIUM mystaircasetomillennium.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2940 of Community Posts

Read more