NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

final week : video reflection

The video-making process has generally gone unhindered during our process. While it took some time trying to decide upon a digital medium, my group finally settled on Prezi. While we strongly considered After Effects or Final Cut Pro, we felt that it was ultimately more efficient to use a pre-defined framework on which to structure our ideas. Prezi makes it easy to make a PowerPoint’s worth of information look good as efficiently as possible. Since we are essentially making a video presentation, this made the most sense to us.

Videos are nothing new to me, having grown up, surrounded by the famously competitive filmmaking talents in Los Angeles. I got started on the storyboard immediately. In order to create a cohesive video, a logical series of events is absolutely necessary. From that point, I constructed the framework of the script. My fellow team members are currently putting together a nice Prezi presentation (almost finished!), and I will soon record the corresponding voice-over.

I think that while it took us some time to figure out how many resources were truly needed to dedicate to the creation of our video presentation, following our decision, we had a clear direction. After fiddling with the final script, we’re ready to go!

It’s been an absolute pleasure working with you guys on Project Communities! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and continued dedication! :)

Posted in Community, Group 9, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: http://projcomm.tumblr.com/
Group 9 Blogs
  1. A glimpse into Isabella's mind saiprojcomm.tumblr.com
  2. Corner of my minds mantawall.tumblr.com
  3. http://projcomm.tumblr.com/ projcomm.tumblr.com
  4. My staircase to MILLENNIUM mystaircasetomillennium.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2940 of Community Posts

Read more