NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Finish Line/”Opposites attract”

biSince the start of this course I militate for this idea that the force for an NGO is given by the connection with big business; and a sustainable relationship can be with a company. I had this idea for the last blog post and I did some research to find out the pro’s and con’s. A very good explanation was on the IISD’s website, where I found also the title for this post (I find it very inspirational). Check the website here: https://www.iisd.org/business/ngo/opposites.aspx

I agree with the fact that social networks helps an NGO evolving, but its not a reliable and safe source. On the internet a subject can receive major interest today and tomorrow everybody will forgot. Social networks are like a circle made by information which orbits always. Think about the IceBucketCheallenge which was a huge campaign on the internet one month ago and now almost everybody forgot it. This applies for PAGE too. My opinion is that the more people involved the better. I am not saying that they should neglect this aspect at all, but it’ll be prolific for them if they will try to establish connections with business and companies with the same core values as them.

An NGO and a company can help each other. The company can be a donor or a source of human resources but maybe you think “How the NGO can help a company?”. For example, my beliefs for PAGE are that they can be a source of advice and guidance. The cause for this NGO is not a world wide issue so they have to act on the local region. I did some research and in less than five minutes I found 9 big companies in the Asheville region. So there are possibilities to ask for help. 

It is not necessary to give money to the NGO, they can give them products or helping them in another ways, which will be also helpful. One of my idea busted when I found a stationery factory, close to their region. PAGE can create a brand which can be sold and part of the amount can go to the NGO and the other to the factory. Many factories practices that. In this way the factory will ear the trust of the customers. 

Another idea can be based on a change. Because everywhere is a leak of workforce and also people hardly find a job, the companies can help the girls to develop strong knowledge and then help them and give them a job. This will be helpful for the girls to create a future and also for the corporation because they will have well-prepared people.

Is still hard to say what will help PAGE , but I am sure that a real contract between them and a company/ factory will be a major aid in their development. it is a marketing relationship in the end.

With the team we tried to cover all the possibilities and give PAGE a large view of what they can do. I am happy that I worked with a really great team and we completed each other and the result will be useful for PAGE.

imageTo show you one example, this is one of the branding thing that I thought and created for PAGE and also a sneak-peak for what will be in the final video. 

Bye, guysss!

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Community, Group 7, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Laura Lezeu (Project Community 2014)
Group 7 Blogs
  1. Allie vs Alex iamcalledallie.tumblr.com
  2. Emilie's Light Bulb Moments ! emilieslightbulbmoments.tumblr.com
  3. Kalvis Riptide Design kalvisriptidedesign.tumblr.com
  4. Laura Lezeu (Project Community 2014) lauralezeu.tumblr.com
  5. SilverBlogging silverblogging.tumblr.com
  6. Xander's Project communities xandersblog.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2940 of Community Posts

Read more