NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

This is my last post about my first post.

Everybodies, first blog is my last. Well, I stand out of the crowd. Enought jokes, I will put on my straight face. So topic of week one is again of internet communities and networks and how can I put them in my advantage as a designer or student. This looks an interesting topic to discuss. So let the SHOW BEGIN.

How can I use them? I will reflect on my sweet spot. My sweet spot is characterizing, which is hard to describe, but I will try my best. Characterizing is character describing – story, image, personality and so on. For me I have done something like this for a while. I have been reading books, watching movies, playing games and there is a huge choice of different characters, but how is that related to communities and networks. Good question, Watson.  I have been looking into different character designs for a while not. The best network and community I have found is a part of a whole different network. There is this online video game company called Steam. Steam provides people with easy access to different video games for the right price, but what people don’t know is that Steam also provides Workshop for the related game community. In this workshop people, can design their own modifications to the game. These modifications are mind blowing.  I search different character ideas in these workshops. People from around the world are joined under one community. These people are listing from, designers and artists to programmers and game writers. These communities provide me for everything I need to learn to focus on my sweet spot.

Talking about different communities. I actively follow http://www.reddit.com/r/design for now I only follow L. I have considered for long time to do something more than follow, but I have never find time for it L.  If I’m talking about what I need to explore more of these communities, I think only things I need is a working computer with at least 10 mbs speed internet.  Little materialistic, but I can’t think of anything else.

I kind of have seen my teams project outcome, and that’s kind of everything I want it to be. We used camera in combination with Adobe Special effects. That’s not boring. Talking about my contributed specially is awkward for me.  Kind of feel that they are pulling my weight, but I’m given a chance to bring my Adobe Illustrator skills with me. So, I will try my best to create the best report this group can create.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTrOlaNRXk - A video some of the desings made in workshop are found.

Posted in Community, Group 7, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Kalvis Riptide Design
Group 7 Blogs
  1. Allie vs Alex iamcalledallie.tumblr.com
  2. Emilie's Light Bulb Moments ! emilieslightbulbmoments.tumblr.com
  3. Kalvis Riptide Design kalvisriptidedesign.tumblr.com
  4. Laura Lezeu (Project Community 2014) lauralezeu.tumblr.com
  5. SilverBlogging silverblogging.tumblr.com
  6. Xander's Project communities xandersblog.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2940 of Community Posts

Read more