NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Can I fix my sink using an internet tool?

When a person, writes blogs in a row they lose thoughts about what to include into the introduction, so this is my introduction. Yes, I know nothing special, but the topic is what kind of useful online tools I can tell to other people. Well, I usually don’t prefer online tools, I prefer the program, tool or even game to be saved into my computer, I think that’s just faster and more reliable, but that doesn’t mean I don’t use online tools.

Well, I have had my fair share of different programs connected with computers; one more specific is called Adobe Photoshop. If a person nowadays haven’t heard of it, he is  considered to be living in a cave. Anyway, this program takes up a lot of memory and it’s difficult to install, so sometimes I use http://www.photoshoponlinefree.com/ .  I haven’t mastered Photoshop, god to master Photoshop a person has to have years of experience, but I am very familiar with the program, and what can I tell about the website. The website is a huge help if you need some fast creating or picture modifying, but it’s not the real Photoshop.  If a beginner works in this website he may not see a difference, but If a person who has lost weeks with Photoshop he will go crazy by the algorithms. I just noticed I’m using a Photoshop as a verb.  The reason why Photoshop takes up so much memory is because its algorithms are so long and advanced that nowadays another program doesn’t stands near it. Anyway, talking about the online tool, I’m not saying it’s useless and there is nothing to gain, I’m trying to say that it’s not the real thing, but I would recommend it to anyone who wants to start doing something on Photoshop. Few YouTube guides and everyone can start doing something on Photoshop. The website is really great for beginners it’s easy to understand, no advertisement, allows you to choose different kinds of formats like banners, leaderboard which is basically a banner as well. It would take me all day to list all the good and bad things about this website so I will just move on.

So how do I choose my “tools”. I don’t know really. I usually chose tools on other people review. My computer science teacher has told me about many useful tools in the internet that I have used in past, but that only proves that I know about different tools from other people. I don’t really go on a trip to explore the internet. I usually use the tools I know. If that doesn’t work, only then I start to think about different working points. Talking about if everyone in the group had the same preferences that I had, then I think it would be chaos.  If everyone used only like Photoshop and the same programs for the same tasks I did, it could be easier in some way, but I would go crazy. The problem with these tools is that, if everybody knows something about them, they usually consider that they know the most. I do that, but that doesn’t mean that I know the most. So if there was a task about picture modifying then everybody would go for that and there wouldn’t be any people to do other things. I know much about different programs and I’m handy with them, but I don’t want any pupils or followers.  If somewhere in the future I had a situation like this, than I would be probably the one that would back off.  If some one sad: “Hey I’m handy with video editing programs!” My answer would probably be:” Be my guest, I can try making animations.” 

I know many people that are not good, but great at different programs, but I try to kind of learn everything myself, which is good and bad at the same time. Not always I have time for that, but I know how to do tricks with many different programs and I don’t need other people help.

Posted in Community, Group 7, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Kalvis Riptide Design
Group 7 Blogs
  1. Allie vs Alex iamcalledallie.tumblr.com
  2. Emilie's Light Bulb Moments ! emilieslightbulbmoments.tumblr.com
  3. Kalvis Riptide Design kalvisriptidedesign.tumblr.com
  4. Laura Lezeu (Project Community 2014) lauralezeu.tumblr.com
  5. SilverBlogging silverblogging.tumblr.com
  6. Xander's Project communities xandersblog.tumblr.com
Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2940 of Community Posts

Read more