NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2014) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Confusiasm (Confusion + enthusiasm)

This week we had it over how to use online communities and networks. Having already some experience on it, I wrote down everything that was interesting, relevant and new to me.

First of all, Nancy gave an outstanding introduction on the first video. She emphasized that project communities are to explore, discover, and imagine. We got to know the urban term “enthusiasm, and to the four design hats (teams) which are idea networks, work teams, crouwdfunding, marketing.

Furthermore, Beth Kanter explained us why the tools we will use are not enough to succeed with our project. We found out that success is to be seen differently from other point of views and success likewise. She recommended us to come up with questions, and define them to get good answers, and talk about failure to know how to avoid it.

At the meeting we chose for a Greek NGO to work with. “Monumenta” is a nonprofit civil company for the protection of natural and architectural heritage in Greece and Cyprus. As for now I don’t know much more about them besides that they are an online magazine created on 2007, but hopefully we will get to know them better in the upcoming days. (http://www.monumenta.org/ )image

My goals for next time are to create a way to think about purpose and about real life, which was recommended on the community page too. In depth discovery about how communities and networks can help me as a student/designer. Understand our NGO. Get to know them, and understand WHY they do WHAT they do, and what their vision about the millennium development goals are.

Question of the week:

How can online communities and networks help me as a designer?

Posted in Community, Group 12, Students
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Aris D.T.
Group 12 Blogs
  1. Aris D.T. adtzimas.tumblr.com
  2. attila TOTH attila940211.tumblr.com
  3. In progress I find happiness inprogressifindhappiness.tumblr.com
  4. Outi and Project Community outipaivikki.tumblr.com
  5. Project Communities 2014 Ippokratis ippo5.tumblr.com
  6. Tinsy's Blog tinsyyyy.tumblr.com
  7. Untitled By Jonne Verhoog jonne-verhoog.tumblr.com
  8. Untitled kangzhu.tumblr.com
Screening Room

Final Projects

Course Videos

Conversations
  • Paul { Love it!! Maybe you should design a folding business card too! } – Oct 31, 11:20 AM
  • Tomas { Hey Ronja, I think you did a great job on the important roles! something we should definitly use in our final advice! Great job 🙂 } – Oct 31, 11:13 AM
  • Laura { I especially like the reflection on the teamwork! } – Oct 31, 9:55 AM
  • Laura { Love your reflection on the video making! Hey, I just bought that same tea! You won't die.... glad to see you lov'in it 🙂 } – Oct 31, 9:45 AM
  • Milena { aahhh we all really feel like this I think 😀 ... maybe the teams for tiny houses can establish our own Project Communities Village above... } – Oct 30, 11:24 PM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/2922 of Community Posts

Read more